This used to be our blog, now it's just mine. Okay, it's still "ours," but we're unaffiliated so I can talk about anything--even old boyfriends.
I once dated this guy whose first-date "test" was to ask whether or not you peed in the shower. He said it was a good way to tell if someone was really honest.
Gross.
(Do I dare to leave the word "urinary" in the title?)
Later I dated this really skinny guy. He was skinnier than me, and I used to be really skinny. Like, bony even. I asked him if he peed in the shower. He said "No." That night as he walked me to my doorstep he admitted, in obvious discomfort, that he did indeed pee in the shower.
"Your question took me by surprise," he said. "I'm sorry I lied."
He turned out to be one of the most honest people I've ever known. Second only to the the man I married who shamelessly answered "Yeah every time. It's convenient."
He's got a point.
Also, I like a multi-tasker.
That skinny guy, oh boy was he skinny, had bright red hair too. I liked his red hair. And his sense of humor. He once used a napkin to map out his funeral-something to amuse me while we waited for our dinner. He drew himself propped up in a chair, wearing huge sunglasses, and holding a sign that read "Thanks for coming." The sunglasses were there just to lighten things up. They'd have stapled a good smile on too, so everyone'd know how glad he was to "see" 'em.
I wonder if I'm a difficult person to amuse? Don't answer that Nate. Even if we are unaffiliated.
According to my will, I'd like my dead body to be donated to students, but "schlumped in a chair" was very seriously considered.
I'm a dead people person.
Also, it won't be donated to students, but to a university. They, the students that is, will be free to poke and prod, but I won't actually be theirs. I hope this makes more sense in my will.
I once read Rayuela by Julio Cortázar. Rayuela means hopscotch. My Spanish used to be that good. The chapters are written out of order. I wondered how he did it. Did he write it start to finish then scramble them up? Or was is something like this that just worked out perfectly?
I had never peed in the shower, but I know a good idea when I hear it. And now sometimes I do, mostly I don't.
Because it's still gross.
So...
Do you or don't you?



Erin, One day you'll admit that we're more alike than you care to admit!
ReplyDeletep.s. of course!
this post made my morning.
ReplyDeleteyou have me laughing out loud. or is it L-ing OL.
anyway.
yes. i do.
I DO.
now, tell me what it is that grosses you out. is it the actual pee in the shower? or is it the pee running down the legs? because if it's the pee running down the legs then guys are excused automatically and just us females remain gross.
and that r wouldn't be for reynolds would it? :)
I do too. It's hard to believe that you've NEVER peed in the shower. I don't think it's gross. Go on, try it.
ReplyDeleteNate's mom read this post and thought we were headed for divorce. My mom read this post and assumed I am gay...
ReplyDeleteAllow me to explain. While Nate's name was on the profile our blog was vulnerable to military censorship. So when I say "unaffiliated," it doesn't mean that we're having marital problems, only that it's MY blog now and I am solely responsible for its content. That way some zealous Army leader can't take what is said here and try to prosecute Nate for expressing an opinion.
I do pee in the shower NOW. It just hadn't occurred to me before the first guy asked about it. And Morgan, I think it's gross when it pools around your feet before sloshing down the drain. Maybe I just have a really slow drain.
I totally do! Why not kill two birds with one stone?
ReplyDeleteOf course I pee when I shower! In fact, I have been doing it for so long that it has become impossible not to.
ReplyDeleteOn a slightly related note, I have a family member (not Cade) who thinks shower peeing is disgusting but he never, ever washes his hands if he "just" pees. My reply, "Sick! You touched your penis man! Wash your hands!"
Want another one?
I know someone who wipes 5 times. Never more, never less. Sick!
Ah, honesty:)
I thought you were divorcing too. Sometimes your writing is just a TAD too cryptic. Thanks for the 2nd explanatory post. xo
ReplyDeleteI would NEVER think you two you would divorce you too are disghustingly great together.
ReplyDeleteI agree with tabkate. You too make me want to throw up in a mouth a little bit. You're like two pees in a pod. Get it? PEE :)
ReplyDelete@ashley.... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH HA HA HA HA,
ReplyDeleteErin, does it especially bother you then in the summer months of dry feet?.... pee pooling and soaking in to the cracks of your heels. HA!
*shudder*
ReplyDelete...have you read the book 'stiff'? those students are going to cut into your body and dissect you like a frog! (the funniest post i've read in a long time)
ReplyDeleteDivorce.....No
ReplyDeleteConcern.....Definately
Being a Mom..Mostly
do most definitely
ReplyDelete