1. Hiding inside the couch bed (like, laying inside it, and my brothers folding me inside the couch). 2. Plotting my trick-or-treat route maps. 3. "Running away" and hiding in the front-yard bush. 4. Winning "Most Attractive - Third Place Tie" in the sixth grade. 5. Peeing in glowworms with Ben.
1. Using my trampoline to pretend I was Kerri Strug, even though I could rarely land a front flip. 2. Berry Berry Kix. 3. Homemade paper dolls, which are really just heads. 4. Carmen San Diego, Duck Tales, and Lemmings. 5. Always sharing a room with at least one sister.
*Remember when I would do the Yellow Wallpaper crawl and make you and Kate cry? I also liked that. And Crest grab bags.
1. Playing Jurassic Park while dad put our sprinkler system in. 2. Pretending to be orphans or pioneers,eating white bread and honey. 3. Heads (paper dolls. Other than that I don't really recall childhood. I don't remember all the things that you and Em wrote, but I think I liked them too. Except the Yellow Wallpaper.
Em-Do I remember you crawling around being the Yellow Wallpaper lady? You're joking right?! You hated when I made you sleep with me, but it was your own damn fault.
Seth, do you remember the Glow Worms cartoon? It's strange how many cartoons and television shows I remember since we never had a TV. I used to ignore my friends and watch TV at their houses every time I went over to play.
Berry Berry Kix!
I wish I still had Lemmings. I would play it at night after the kids go to bed. I don't think I ever got past level 7.
That's okay Katy, I remember your childhood for you! There was this one time, at Christmas, when we got to choose between $100 and toys and me and Em chose the money. You chose toys and wound up with both. And this other time Mom said we could all have one American Girl doll and somehow you wound up with both Felicity AND Addy...Just kidding. (Not really) No really.
I should have made a top 100 list of good things. I loved the way we grew up. I hope my kids find their own Bridger Jensen and Nikki Gledhill and spend every waking hour exploring the neighborhood and being "detectives."
1. Grandpa's farm (the creek, the pigs, the safe fenced 10 acres). I don't remember ever being hungry or tired but I remember being called home for dinner when it got dark. 2. Working all morning with Mom and swimming all afternoon in the pool at the farm. 3. Uncle Mike's house. 4. Boy Scouts 5. Mowing lawns every Saturday at the apartments for 3 hours. (You asked for great things, not fun things.)
I worked hard for my money (Besides that one Christmas...)! Remember that Disneyworld trip we all took? That was my money too. I asked her where all my singing money went and apparently I bought one Addy doll, one Sleeping Beauty barbie, and one family trip to Orlando. Totally worth it. Gatorland also goes on my list.
I paid for it, it goes on my list;)! I don't know... Someday when I don't have a million things to pay for. I'm thinking about taking a road trip out if I come. We'll see. Also, why don't you ever answer your phone or call me back when I call!?
Yeah Jaime, I think Capture the Flag is the greatest game ever invented. Night games are an essential part of a well balanced child--no doubt. I am dying for my kids get old enough to stay up until it's dark out (I'm mean and put them to bed at 7pm) I really want to get them playing Capture the Flag and Sardines. We don't have any neighbors with little kids here though...we're gonna have to fly 'em in. Cousins?!
1. Hiding inside the couch bed (like, laying inside it, and my brothers folding me inside the couch).
ReplyDelete2. Plotting my trick-or-treat route maps.
3. "Running away" and hiding in the front-yard bush.
4. Winning "Most Attractive - Third Place Tie" in the sixth grade.
5. Peeing in glowworms with Ben.
glowworms (they're hollow with a hole in the bottom):
ReplyDeletehttp://www.kathysfastfoodtoys.com/images/AB_00_WEGlo.jpg
1. Using my trampoline to pretend I was Kerri Strug, even though I could rarely land a front flip.
ReplyDelete2. Berry Berry Kix.
3. Homemade paper dolls, which are really just heads.
4. Carmen San Diego, Duck Tales, and Lemmings.
5. Always sharing a room with at least one sister.
*Remember when I would do the Yellow Wallpaper crawl and make you and Kate cry? I also liked that. And Crest grab bags.
1. Playing Jurassic Park while dad put our sprinkler system in.
ReplyDelete2. Pretending to be orphans or pioneers,eating white bread and honey.
3. Heads (paper dolls.
Other than that I don't really recall childhood. I don't remember all the things that you and Em wrote, but I think I liked them too. Except the Yellow Wallpaper.
Em-Do I remember you crawling around being the Yellow Wallpaper lady? You're joking right?! You hated when I made you sleep with me, but it was your own damn fault.
ReplyDeleteSeth, do you remember the Glow Worms cartoon? It's strange how many cartoons and television shows I remember since we never had a TV. I used to ignore my friends and watch TV at their houses every time I went over to play.
Berry Berry Kix!
I wish I still had Lemmings. I would play it at night after the kids go to bed. I don't think I ever got past level 7.
That's okay Katy, I remember your childhood for you! There was this one time, at Christmas, when we got to choose between $100 and toys and me and Em chose the money. You chose toys and wound up with both. And this other time Mom said we could all have one American Girl doll and somehow you wound up with both Felicity AND Addy...Just kidding. (Not really) No really.
I should have made a top 100 list of good things. I loved the way we grew up. I hope my kids find their own Bridger Jensen and Nikki Gledhill and spend every waking hour exploring the neighborhood and being "detectives."
Erin: http://www.elizium.nu/scripts/lemmings/
ReplyDeleteLet the good times roll . . .
In Kate's defense, she bought Addy with her own money, but the Christmas shenanigans were all her fault.
ReplyDeleteKate, I tell Seth all the time about white bread and honey. Then I laugh because we were pretending to be poor when we actually were poor. Awesome.
Great post Erin.
Also, those "Mayhem" levels really are mayhem. Good luck Erin.
ReplyDelete1. Grandpa's farm (the creek, the pigs, the safe fenced 10 acres). I don't remember ever being hungry or tired but I remember being called home for dinner when it got dark.
ReplyDelete2. Working all morning with Mom and swimming all afternoon in the pool at the farm.
3. Uncle Mike's house.
4. Boy Scouts
5. Mowing lawns every Saturday at the apartments for 3 hours. (You asked for great things, not fun things.)
Yeah she bought her own Addy--with money she didn't deserve! Where's the justice?!
ReplyDeleteI worked hard for my money (Besides that one Christmas...)! Remember that Disneyworld trip we all took? That was my money too. I asked her where all my singing money went and apparently I bought one Addy doll, one Sleeping Beauty barbie, and one family trip to Orlando. Totally worth it. Gatorland also goes on my list.
ReplyDeleteHAHA, you WISH Gatorland was on your list. When are you gonna come visit us?!
ReplyDeleteI paid for it, it goes on my list;)! I don't know... Someday when I don't have a million things to pay for. I'm thinking about taking a road trip out if I come. We'll see.
ReplyDeleteAlso, why don't you ever answer your phone or call me back when I call!?
Man I miss grab-bags those were the greatest!
ReplyDeleteNIght games (kick the can and steal the flag) those were a good one too.
Yeah Jaime, I think Capture the Flag is the greatest game ever invented. Night games are an essential part of a well balanced child--no doubt. I am dying for my kids get old enough to stay up until it's dark out (I'm mean and put them to bed at 7pm) I really want to get them playing Capture the Flag and Sardines. We don't have any neighbors with little kids here though...we're gonna have to fly 'em in. Cousins?!
ReplyDeleteha!
ReplyDeletei buy my kids grab bags at crest every now and then:)
grab bags will never die!
i will think on this and get back to you.