Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I Want to Remember...


Q: Please finish the sentence: I wish I had known…
A: …that my children would be my best friends and the women I most admire. I might have treated them with more tenderness and respect in those hideous moments of frustration that every mother faces. I wish I had known how much good I could do by resisting the need to punish and criticize and spending more time adoring them.
These words and many more in this Q &A style home tour on Design Mom today.

2 comments:

  1. I love that last sentence. That is what I try to remind myself of often, because I'm prone to over disciplining, but more than anything I want my children to remember that I love them above everything else. Even order and good behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard sometimes, and no one is ever the mother they WISH they were all the time. I think if they are older now and want to be/are your best friends you must have done more RIGHT than you give yourself credit for :)

    ReplyDelete