Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Question

Yesterday, at Barnes and Noble, the woman ringing us up asked "Do you homeschool?"

"Sure do," I replied.

"I thought so," she said. "I could tell by the books you're buying."

The kind of books homeschoolers pick up at B&N

 Huh?  You can tell we homeschool, not by the fact that I'm at your store on a Monday afternoon during school hours, but by the books themselves?  It really begs the question, what do you normal moms buy?

8 comments:

  1. I'm stumped. It must be like gaydar. Remember that woman you picked out in the park at the book fair? Homeschoolerdar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Barnes and Noble makes their cashiers ask everyone if they homeschool? So ALL the parents get that good feeling.

    Either that or the Homeschoolerdar thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's weird. I have no idea how she could tell based on the books.
    Whenever I let my kids pick out books, E goes for princesses and M goes for rescue vehicles or motorcycles. But they're 4 & 2.
    I had totally forgotten about those Miss Nelson books! I loved those when I was a kid!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I buy books just like those, but I don't homes school and I don't ever plan to. By the way, you have some excellent picks in that pic. :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had almost all of those books in my classroom. She's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edit: okay, I only had like 2 of those books in my classroom, but I can IMAGINE having them in a regular classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. People and there comments are so weird, that is weird I would buy those books and I don't home school.. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I"d say these were pretty generic book purchases. Nothing sets them apart as homeschool fodder. Funny.

    ReplyDelete