Saturday, August 7, 2010

Thoughts Before a Sunday

It is Saturday night and not so late that I ought to be in bed. My children are sleeping soundly, and my kitchen's almost clean. Our Sunday best is pressed and waiting, everything feels exactly right.

I have a quiet moment to think on last week's Sabbath and pray for inspiration yet to come.

I'm staring at the blisters I earned while digging a duck pond, a duck pond for Pete's sake, this afternoon, and pondering creation, and feeling so proud and able I can hardly stand it.

We're all so scared and worried, no, I'm so scared and worried, when really we're all so dang competent the anxiety is baffling.


If that is how you feel, think again, and remember that you are spirit daughters of the most creative Being in the universe."

4 comments:

  1. I like it here. Wonderful life you've created for yourself. Just lovely. Gotta see this duck pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you Jordan. I've thought the same of your space many a time while I've admired from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post, Erin. Doug Febrezio (KUER) had a show last night about the lack of creativity in American children. I missed it, but it sounded really interesting.Glad to know the creativity spirit is alive and well in you and the kids. You're a great Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i missed this post before.
    glad i scrolled down.

    you referring to the talk from president uchtdorf? one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete