"Well, yes," I said, "but it's not for little babies. So don't you touch it!"
Looking up with wide worried eyes she asked "Because it has gluten?"
Yes Frances. Forget steel blades, gaping wounds, and severed arteries. It's the gluten you need fear. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
________________________________________
Frankie weighs 28 pounds.That's nine more than she weighed five months ago when we began her gluten-free diet. Woot woot! Looks like ol' "Failure to Thrive" can kiss my a--.
*I really should quit using inside jokes in my blog titles.

i'm not on the inside, but i still found your post title amusing.
ReplyDeletehip hip for gaining weight!
I love when you say a--. Cade told me that when you blank out letters you should use thing$ that look like the letter$ you are leaving out...
ReplyDeleteFrankie was only 19lbs five months ago?! WOW. Nice job packin' it on sista.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Thanks for carrying Ez on your back that one time we went hiking. He must've felt like a ton of bricks!
LOL - you seriously have to brainwash kids with gluten allergies. I asked Jack one day what he would do if a stranger offered him candy. He said, "I'd ask 'Is it gluten free?'" :/ Poor kids.
ReplyDelete"Be the Wheat!" I'd forgotten about that little family cheer of ours. How sweet. And yeah for Fat Little Frankie!
ReplyDeleteI love it!! I'm so excited for you and for Frankie. Congrats Mom on sticking to it and doing it. Your the best!
ReplyDeleteMaybe the cutest thing I've ever heard. And I totally get the title.
ReplyDeleteYou know Ashley, I thought about that, but decided I couldn't be bothered.
ReplyDeleteMiss Heather, it was my pleasure.
Katie! The day strangers start handing out gluten free candy we're in trouble!
Nice job Mama!
ReplyDelete