"The most radical political act there is, is to be an optimist. The most radical political act there is, is to believe that if I change other people with follow suit."-Colin Beavan, No Impact Man
And that my friends is why I strapped the children into their stroller, walked a few miles to the grocery store, and carried our wares home on my back. We whistled while we went. I hope you try it sometime.

if i had to pick one thing thing my mom has taught me best, it is to be optimistic.
ReplyDeleteand for the most part, i am. and life is good because of it.
i love the mental picture i have of you and your kids whistling and walking:)
Knowing exactly how far Publix is from your house, and exactly how stifling the Georgia heat is in August, I have to say you are not only optimistic and powerful but also inspirational. And it's one of the things I love best about you.
ReplyDeleteCoincidentally, yesterday was the grand opening of the new Fresh Market next door to Target. It was well worth walking the length of an extra strip mall or two to check it out! Just another reason to come back to C-town Miss Heather.
ReplyDelete