Short story simple: our A/C's drain pipe busted and flooded the house. Restoration crew got right to work tearing up flooring and trying to dry it up--with 4 large dehumidifiers that pump hot air (132 degrees Fahrenheit to be exact) round the clock to aid in the evaporation process.
I cannot recall ever stepping out into an August afternoon and thinking Oh my it's nice and cool out here! but today I did just that.
Things should be dry in the next 3-5 days and we'll be able to turn the A/C back on when the crew gets to work replacing our hardwood flooring--that's right all of it.
'Til then we'll be suckin' down Otter Pops as if our lives depended on it (and truth be told, it kind of feels like they do!)
The Deployment Gnome strikes again!

CRAP!!! How did that damage happen last time? Was it the A/C???
ReplyDeleteDamn Gnome.
Eff. Sorry dude. Are you responsible to pay for it all? And random insurance policy kicking in?
ReplyDeleteHow did you forget to mention the most horrific part of this story to me? NO AC in the middle of AUGUST in GEORGIA?!! Plus HEAT fans?! I'm not sure if your children can afford to lose their weight in sweat.
ReplyDeletehell.
ReplyDeletethat stinks.
you sound way too positive here. seriously.
no ac in august in georgia.
i knew you were tough before, but now. now.
Well Heather it's not so much the lack of A/C but the heat fans indeed have about put us over the top.
ReplyDeleteLast time, Gen, it was the dishwasher.
Seth, yes indeedy--everything but our deductible is covered by our Home Owner's insurance.
Morgan, I may indeed be the most erratic person you know, but this kind of thing doesn't phase me in the slightest. I know, weird. But good--I like knowing that I am tough enough to handle at least SOMETHING without a meltdown.