"I don't know" I said, thinking Second? Third?
"515th!" she beamed.
"Wow! Now that's something." I exclaimed trying to hide my surprised laughter. "Were there lots of kids that finished before and after you too?"
"Oh no," she grinned. "No one finished after me. I was the very last one!"
________________________________________________
Asher: Mom, is Santa real?
Me: Of course.
Asher: But he's magic?
Me: Yep.
Asher: Like God and...Tyler?!
Tyler is my sister Kate's boyfriend who's got a never ending supply of ear-quarters and magically appearing candy. He is apparently also a near-deity. Thanks Ty!
________________________________________________
The other day, over dinner, Asher asked "Mom, when will you have another baby?"
I did my best to explain that we wouldn't be adding anymore to the Bigler brood, by saying "We're not going to have more babies. Dad and I talked about it and we decided that three babies is just the right number for us."
"Well when you get another husband you'll have more." Asher insisted.
I told the kids I wasn't really in the market for another husband, as I'm really thrilled with the one I've got.
"But if Dad dies you'll get a new husband," added my pragmatic firstborn. "You'll need someone else to give you money!"
I had to laugh--the girl had a point. "That's true," I said. "If Daddy died, I might get married again someday."
"And then you could have another baby!" Asher crowed.
Jensie let that settle for moment before crying out in disgust "Ugh! Then you'd be an old mom."
________________________________________________
Today a napping Frankie was startled awake by the crunch of a Vlasic commercial. I guess they're not kidding about that "Big Pickle Crunch!"
________________________________________________
Jensie: Why are you crying?!
Me: I just miss your dad.
Jensie: Well so do we, but you don't see us choking up and freaking out, do you.

i love this. and i totally pray that our kids turn out half as awesome as yours.
ReplyDeleteI love your kids.
ReplyDeleteWell Mary, while my kids are vastly superior, you and Scott are two of the kindest people I know. I'm sure you're offspring will come in a close third (after my nieces and nephews of course.) :)
ReplyDeleteyour kids are hilarious.
ReplyDelete