Thursday, March 11, 2010

That's My Girl

Opened my e-mail a few minutes ago to find this note from Jensie's teacher in my inbox:
Hi Erin!
I just wanted to share such a sweet experience that happened today with Jensie and Cate. Cate was very distraught about her uncle's health. Several things had reminded her of his illness and caused her sadness. Jensie had her hand on Cate's back, just soothing her with "It's okay, Cate. I've felt that way before..." and sharing her own experiences with Cate. She continued to comfort Cate until Cate could calm down.
I just thought you'd be so proud of her. It was so touching to see her compassion! Great job, Mom! I know she's learned this at home.:)
Have a great week!
Lisa

6 comments:

  1. these are the best moments ever huh? not that i've had many, but you know what i mean.
    nice work jensie! and erin:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, I adore that little grandgirly 'o mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I know who to call when things get tough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes up then for what your 2 year old did to your window then! I saw your comment on the Mom-101 post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having a moral child who loves others is all I could ever hope for!

    ReplyDelete