A friend tipped us off to vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owner) and we found a great little condo in Duck Creek, a couple-cabins town tucked away deep in the high desert. After only a few days of red rock dust and Nate by my side, I feel good as new. So great, in fact, I thought I'd take a minute to rejuvenate the ol' blog. "[We're] not dead yet!"
We'd planned to visit nearby Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks--where weather was predicted to be hot and sunny. We neglected to check temps in Duck Creek itself however, and packed only t-shirts and warm-weather hiking gear. Imagine our surprise when we pulled up to the condo and found the place covered in nearly three feet of snow!
Luckily, we came loaded with plenty of firewood and S'mores supplies. The advertised fire pit is buried in ice, but Nate got a roaring fire going in the driveway and our "winter camping" adventure turned into an unexpected bonus!

No comments:
Post a Comment