It's about time I started documenting this stuff again, right?
Costumes this year were pretty low key. We waited 'til the night before to even think about them, so had to pull things from our usual wardrobes and the dress-up pile. Jensie was Thalia, Zeus' punk daughter, from the Percy Jackson books. We found an old jammie shirt and spiced it up with a bleach pen (thanks Design Mom)--orange "Camp Half-Blood" shirts are a big part of the P. J. series. Jensie did all of the work herself and it turned out so well. I'll have her model it again sometime because these are the only pictures I took all day.
I dashed Asher's dreams of being his favorite "Club Penguin" penguin and Frankie wanted to be a ghost. They were both disappointed when I insisted we work with what we had, but were pleased with the end results. Asher went as a skeleton pirate--the closest we could get to his second choice, Skeleton Barbosa from The Pirates of the Caribbean--and Frankie was Alice in Wonderland as "Mary Ann." She looked pretty darn cute in that little house, but the straps broke five seconds into the school costume parade. After that she was just plain Alice.
Some expat friends from school joined us for trunk-or-treating and sloppy joes. Their kids took home about 3/4 of all the candy, but my kids were so thrilled I didn't make them throw theirs all away outright that the night was a total win for everyone.


I especially like Asher's mismatched shoes. I'm sure that's how real pirates do it :)
ReplyDeleteHe's a one-legged pirate so only needs one boot. Obviously.
DeleteDuh.
Delete