Monday, April 11, 2011

Bah, Time! Who Needs It?

Frankie took this picture too.  I like it.
Homeschool.  We took a lot of time off this year.  Weeks off when Nate came home.  Weeks off for Thanksgiving and the rest of the festivities.  Weeks off because it was cloudy.  Weeks off because the sun came out...We have officially hit 160 days of school.  We have met the minimum requirement mandated by the state of Georgia.  I'm still worried that I haven't done enough.  I thought we'd continue through the summer.  Then I thought Who am I kidding?  

Sometimes I wonder how moms from "the olden days" taught their children. Like, how did women who had to darn socks and nurse fifteen babies find time to educate their little ones?  Then I remember that most of the "olden day" kids were completely illiterate.  So basically they are no help to me at all. 

I think I kind of suck at time management.  I was once penalized for using the word "suck" in an English paper.  My tenth grade English teacher wrote in fat red pencil that vulgar language would not be tolerated in her class.  I tried really hard just now to come up with a better word, but, well...it's still there isn't it.

Today I paid very close attention to my kids.  I looked them in the eye.  I laughed at their jokes.  We played at the park and colored, for hours.  I was feeling smug off success.  Then I ignored my husband all evening to check my facebook.  Boo.

Tomorrow though, we are going on an early morning bike ride.  Mornings here are divine.  Sweet and breezy, just perfect really.  I will tell him I'm sorry and give him extra kisses before he leaves for work.

And I will try again to give them all the love and affection they really deserve.  Is it just me, or does it seem like there really isn't enough time in the day?

3 comments:

  1. no. there isn't.
    and it's a battle i fight everyday. it's the very reason i disappeared from facebook for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait. you didn't notice that i hadn't been on facebook?
    dangit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quit facebook, too. You didn't notice I was gone either? Sad.

    Also, I have too much time in the day. Like right now, I'm bored. Maybe I need more babies....

    ReplyDelete