.
Give up?
Me!
Errin invited me to join her in a 12 week fitness challenge, Live Strong. Live Strong and I are kicking each other's butts. It only started Monday but I've exercised like a motha everyday since, literally. Last night I made the kids run stairs with me yesterday. They cried the whole time. It was the best!
My favorite part of the challenge is working toward overcoming an addiction. I've kicked sugar to the curb. It was really my BFF Heather that got me to swear off the sweet stuff, but this video/article sealed the deal. I haven't had sugar for a couple of weeks and feel better and better each day. I love getting to give myself two points at the end of every day for sticking to it. Or NOT sticking to it...get it? Get it? (That was awful).
The person with the most points at the end of the challenge wins. I never get points for eating six servings of vegetables (but I don't eat six servings of anything else either), and I've only once gotten points for not eating after 8 pm. I'm a night snacker. Last night I ate an entire head of lettuce (fresh from the farmer's market) with some cranberries and sunflower seeds. Hard to feel guilty about that!
One thing I want to be better about is "engaging my core" like the guy in P90X is always trying to get you to do--I want to call him Tony. What's his name again? I'm trying not to slouch while I sit and type this, but my abs are too sore to do this with much success. Wanna know how they (my abs) got that way? Of course you do. Push-ups! Isn't that weird? I can do exactly TWO full man push-ups before I reach muscle failure. My toothpick arms really can't handle me so my abs have to do all the grunt work. So impressive, I know. Don't be jeal.
I should post some pictures huh. I don't have any new ones so we'll use these: Me, in Capitol Reef, right after Nate's first deployment. I'm trail running so that's relevant right? Plus, I have nice legs.
If you want to know what else is going on around here, you'll have to check out the kids' blogs. I'd better warn you though, Asher's blog is pretty graphic. He doesn't hold back like I do.
(That's a joke.)
Peace out.




Your legs ARE nice!
ReplyDelete