Wednesday, September 22, 2010

3 Bs

Even with school, piano, house, waiting, kids, ducks, dog, and waiting, I'm afraid I've got a bad case of the 3 Bs.

Bored
Busy
Broke

Photobucket
waiting-2008

Nate will be home in 10 days. I just might scream the next time someone exclaims "that's so soon!" Time is at a stand still, and until the count is down to a matter of hours, I refuse to count at all.

I need a diversion. Books? Movies? Hit me with your best shot.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, look at our faces in those pictures. I can practically taste our anticipation.

    I just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and started the next one in the series. I don't know if they're good enough to recommend, but they're an easy read and have been mildly entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! So excited for you! and I love you short hair and long hair of course. Good books, good books...my book club is reading three cups of tea??
    So excited for you.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take the Cannoli by Sarah Vowell. ANYHTING by S.V.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Movie: Date Night is Hilarious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Heather--Our faces? Look at our shoulders! We look amazing. :)

    @Gen--Seriously. We owe you.

    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #1-Yeah, I second Date Night. I almost peed my pants a couple times. (Come to think of it, I was really, REALLY tired, which means it may or may not be as funny as I remember it being, but if your mom is recommending it, I feel safe in my review.)
    #2-I love to eat when I'm bored. (But I probably wouldn't want to indulge myself to my full capacity if I was seeing my husband for the first time in a few/mamy months.)
    #3-Sleep it off. Time goes by really fast when you're asleep. (To bad you have kids.)

    apparently I'm no help at all.
    I'll be back if I can think of anything at all of use.
    Good luck.
    I can't wait to see this year's photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, the shoulders. They are beautiful. I miss those 5 mile mornings. And Gen, THANK YOU. I'd surely have had a mullett or lampshade cut if it hadn't have been for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you seen Slumdog Millionaire? Or read Tarzan? That's all I've got ...

    I love those last few minutes when they start getting off the plane and you finally catch a glimpse of them in the crowd walking towards you... Ahh! Best days of my (former) military wife life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you should learn to pole dance ;)
    also 'beneath a marble sky' was very good, also don't know if you have read it yet but 'the gurenesy reading and potato peel pie society' (think i have the title wrong but that is pretty much it) that book was really good too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trudy Ann--don't think she hasn't! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll come do pictures again! I loved being there feeling the energy, the anticipation, and ALL of the LOVE radiating in that building. (I promise I will NOT forget/be missing the necessary paperwork to drive myself onto post this time.)

    ReplyDelete