I make lists of names I love for the children I'll never have. Real names for imaginary kids. Old favorites, like Atticus and Finn, are always in the running, but today's choice is Brother. Today I would name my son Brother.
oh dear. you and i. next son has two names... it's a toss up between asher (you know, cause he's jonas' best friend in the giver:) or atticus. i love atticus.
brother? did you hear this one somewhere or think it up? i could see it.
Well it is the name of the oldest Berenstain Bear sibling. It's also the name of the man who own's a little candy shop here called Brother's. But no, I still feel like I thought it up. I love Proverbs 17:17- "A friend loves at all times and a brother is born for adversity," and the idea that Brother is a name you'd try to live up to.
oh dear. you and i.
ReplyDeletenext son has two names... it's a toss up between asher (you know, cause he's jonas' best friend in the giver:) or atticus.
i love atticus.
brother? did you hear this one somewhere or think it up? i could see it.
Well it is the name of the oldest Berenstain Bear sibling. It's also the name of the man who own's a little candy shop here called Brother's. But no, I still feel like I thought it up. I love Proverbs 17:17- "A friend loves at all times and a brother is born for adversity," and the idea that Brother is a name you'd try to live up to.
ReplyDeleteI love why you love "brother".
ReplyDeletei see.
ReplyDeleteand i like.
and.... i've now got that song in my head "somewhere deep in bear country.... mama, papa, sister and BROTHER..."
:)