Saturday, June 5, 2010

What You Missed on Facebook

(or more accurately, What I Didn't Post of Facebook.)

Erin Bigler made it safe and sound!

It is possible to take three small kids on a 2,000 mile road trip without a DVD player. Audio books and Frosties all the way!

Erin Bigler loves the sticky South.

When packing, using towels and linens as padding is a good idea. At least until you reach your destination and realize you'll have to unpack EVERY box you've got before you find a single fitted sheet.

Our house is full of fleas. FLEAS!

Frankie has potty trained herself. And I mean really. No treats, step stools, plastic seats, stickers, bribes, nothin'. C'est fini.

Erin Bigler stood outside to listen to the crickets.

Today while we were out running errands Frankie asked if she could go and play with Carter and Callen because they're her "cousins AND friends." Asher told her "We can go as soon as we're invited." Then Jensie shook her head and explained "Asher, we can see them anytime. They're our family." If nothing else, our time in Utah was worth that lesson alone.

Nate told Asher he could paint his room pink. No, Nate's not that progressive. Asher wanted a pink bike. Nate thought if the boy had to have something pink it'd still be best to "keep it inside." After an hour or so at Lowe's Asher chose a color called "Satin Sheets." It's as bad as it sounds.

Erin Bigler paints. (Again!)

I miss Natalie oh so much. In the past two days, as I've cooked, cleaned, erranded (yeah, I made that up), unpacked and painted with three cooped-up whiny kids I've wondered again and again Where's a little sister when you need her?

Die suckers. Die!

Erin Bigler thinks more friends should hang out when chores are being done. Seriously, I don't want you to do my laundry, I just want you to talk to me while I run a load or two.

Mike and Gen showed up with pizza and a lot of energy. It was just what the whole family needed tonight. Thanks guys. It's good to be home.

What I Missed on Facebook

Nate dedicating this song to me:


My mind was full of gooey love thoughts when I spotted his post, which is, of course, exactly how it should be. I'd been savoring these words (from ee cummings' "i carry your heart with me"):

it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

I tell ya, we are M.F.E.O.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made it safe and sound. And I need a picture of Asher's new Satin Sheet room ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, i don't know why it posted twice.. blogger was acting funky yesterday. apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i seriously have missed your facebook updates and have had you on my mind since you left... well, before that even. so happy to see these little nuggets into your life. and yes, i would like to see sweet satin sheets. ;-D

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete