turning 28 at the One World Cafe
I am twenty-eight. It's the end of an era. I've lived my first adult decade, and I've learned a thing or two. Take it from me:Do travel the world.
Don't hire a travel guide.
Do learn a new language.
Don't be afraid to sound stupid (you totally do, no one cares).
Do spend money on decent hair cuts.
Don't spend money on designer clothing.
Do call.
Don't send an e-mail.
Do buy these.
Don't buy these.
Do wear makeup.
Don't cover up your freckles.
Do eat farm-raised fish.
Don't eat wild-caught fish.
Don't hire a contractor.
Do learn to use power tools.
Don't run red lights.
Should you run a red light...do wear new dress pants to court.
Do wear a mask to sleep (look like a diva but feel well rested)
Don't waste time with expensive eye creams.
Do kiss on the first date.
Don't play footsies (maybe, ever).


Great advice.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Erin!!
You look pretty--like one of those denim-clad Gap models.
ReplyDeleteAMEN to the learn a new language bit. After 7 years of French classes spread out between junior high, high school and college, can I speak the language? Sadly no. And I blame it completely on my fear of actually speaking it out loud. What a waste.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! I hope it was a great one!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteFootsies? Red lights? Man this is serious fuel for more talking! I never wished you a Happy B-day- all apologies.
ReplyDelete