The last time Nate was deployed I had the luxury of living in my own home, and could thus make improvements whenever it occurred to me to do so.
The other night a friend mentioned on Facebook that she was bored for the first time in a long time. Weird. Mind numbing boredom hits me like a brick every night just after the kids have fallen asleep. It's too early for me to go to bed myself, which also means it's too early to hope that I'll catch Nate online. He usually doesn't pop up until I'm about ready to pass out. So convenient, right? It's ok, I don't mind.
To stave off my boredom the last time around I painted my kitchen. Twelve times. Ceiling, trim, walls, cabinets, the whole shebang. Twelve times.
This time though, giving the cupboards a fancy face-lift isn't the answer. So instead, I am packing. Yes, re-packing the same boxes I only finished unpacking a month ago. There are lots of things I enjoy more than packing boxes, but I miss Georgia. Packing makes me feel like it's almost time to go back.
So many of our things are in storage at the moment that the house doesn't feel like home anyway. What good are a couple of throw pillows on the couch, when there are no pictures on the walls, rugs on the floor, or Nathans in your bed? By the time I'm through we should be down to just a couch, a few chairs, some dishes, and our clothes.
Am I crazy? Maybe. Am I busy? Absolutely.
Mission accomplished.

Come paint my kitchen, Holly's bedroom and help me hang blinds. Then we can talk about my yard!
ReplyDeleteGoing so soon?
ReplyDelete