Thursday, February 23, 2012

Menu

Is planning a menu really tedious, or is it just me?  I spent a million hours reading cookbooks and perusing food blogs this afternoon.  Save yourself the trouble and just have what we're having:

Monday
Breakfast- Broccoli frittata
Lunch- Tuna "sandwiches" (nut crackers to sub) with tomato soup
Dinner- Warm sweet potato and black bean salad (scroll way down)
Snack- Sea salt honey butter popcorn

Tuesday
Breakfast- Almond muffins
Lunch- Mushroom pepperoni pizza bites
Dinner- Jalapeno fried chicken, broccoli
Snack- Coconut lemon meltaways

Wednesday
Breakfast- Turkey egg cups
Lunch- Fajitas on GF corn tortillas
Dinner- Pork bulgogi, kimchi, fried egg
Snack- Hummus, cucumbers and carrot sticks

Thursday
Breakfast- Huevos Rancheros
Lunch- Avocado potato salad
Dinner- Salmon with pesto and mozzarella, sweet potato fries
Snack- Baked grapefruit

Friday
Breakfast- Green "monster" smoothies
Lunch- Cheese burgers, pickles
Dinner- Onion soup, mixed greens
Snack- Smoked herring

Saturday
Breakfast- Sauteed apples and onions
Lunch- PB & J (please oh please)
Dinner- Citrus seared tofu with carmelized brussels sprouts
Snack- Almonds and cheddar cheese

Sunday
LEFTOVERS

2 comments:

  1. Do you seriously cook like this everyday? No wonder it's time consuming. What happened to good old fashioned cold cereal for breakfast? But it does look much better than my menu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but I cook things out of order depending on how much time I have. The menu just helps me plan for grocery shopping and I hang it on the fridge ever week. Then I just cross things out as I make them so I have a good idea of what's still in the cupboards and what ingredients I've already used up. Also, I don't buy "good old fashioned cold cereal" because it's full of sugar. Our neighbor brought a box of GF cheerios over for us this week and Asher sat at the table for like 3 hours and ate the whole box in one sitting. :)

    ReplyDelete