Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Go Team

Spent last Saturday cheerin' on our girls!  First up, Jensie's early-mornin' swim meet-

 Left her team cap and goggles in the taxi, but I'm a big fan of swimmers in Pippi braids.

 Action shot!  One of Jensie's biggest accomplishments this season has been to figure out rotary breathing.  Tricky stuff!

Army Warming Tents: quite possibly the coolest part of a winter swim (she made that face).

Next up came Nat's last basketball game of the season.  I wish I could think of some clever word play here, cheering for the cheerleader, but alas...

We weren't the only ones
 I don't know what this is called, but "high kick" sounds good, right? She does it well.

 Flying!

All of the school's senior athletes were recognized during half time, so I got to escort Nat across the gym.  I see three things here: 1.) I am a giant. 2.) I look like my mom.  Like, a lot. 3.) I need to grow my hair back out.  (Ch-ch-ch-chia!)

Let's take a minute to recognize this senior:
Nat is a compassionate friend and very sweet aunt.
Her free babysitting can't be beat.
4.0 GPA, yeah baby!
Made All-American cheer 
Voted "Best Dressed" (haha, Senior Superlatives). Obviously.
Has the best legs on the planet
Oh yeah, did I mention she drives a motorcycle?
Is moving back to the states to go to college this Fall. WAH WAH WAH!

 Frankie dressed herself.


Go Team!

4 comments:

  1. Go Jensie! You're a WAY better swimmer than me. I never learned how to do that fancy swimming breathing.

    And Nat, you're high-kick is seriously impressive. I can't wait 'til you're home.

    Frankie and Jensie = Awesome cheerleaders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow wow !!! Jensie -- great swimming ! Natalie, oh my gosh. Your kick is seriously 2 feet over your head. Congratulations on all your many and varied examples of awesomeness. Thanks for the wonderful pictures. You're all incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jensie and Frances, the next generation of All-American Cheerleaders! Your Papaw sure is proud of you!!
    love, Papaw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie, you are just dang cool, that's all there is to it. I especially like that you're 'flying' in front of the Nat 2012 poster. I sure do love you, Kiddo!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete