Sunday, March 31, 2013

A New Favorite Photo

We are in Benicia, California and spent the afternoon playing in the mud "down by the bay." It's beautiful here, but we're just passing through. We've been visiting family and friends in Utah for a couple of weeks and are on our way back to Seoul. I haven't blogged in a long while, but I don't want to let this little space go for good.

Things have been busy. Good busy. I'm almost done with my bachelors degree and just ordered my first GRE prep book. I am scared to death, but I know I can do it (wish me luck anyway). I probably won't have time to blog more often than I have been, which is what, every six months?, but I promise to check in now and then. Speaking of checking in, these days I have a million alarms set on my phone and live by lists. Some to-dos but mostly goals. Here's what April looks like so far:

- Whole30 with Nate
- strict paleo kids: took me forever to get the hang of this. Cutting out cheese/yogurt seemed harder than sugar, gluten, and soy combined. But we finally nailed it and we need some serious vacation detox.
- start up "Three Mile Rule" again: I totally chickened out in the winter (Hello, our next door neighbor is Siberia!), but TMR basically means we'll walk/run/bike/jump-rope to any place within 3 miles of our house instead of taking a car or bus.
- go to bed by 9 pm every night: hey, a girl can dream
- 2 hrs GRE prep daily
- spring cleaning
- FHE every Tuesday
- send Thank You notes/cards
- practice push-ups daily: I meant to be able to do 17 "man push-ups" by my birthday last month (enough to pass an Army PT test), but I can still only do three. Oops
- Schedule acupuncture appointment

What are y'all up to these days?

5 comments:

  1. Grad school!! You'll be AMAZING! I love all of this, but you know how I love a good list. What's new? Roller Derby :)starts this May.
    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as long as you stay on facebook, then we are okay. :) i can't believe you aren't taking a break, you are such a rockstar. my list is pretty lame - do laundry. buy milk. that's about all i can handle these days. i wish i was a better visiting teacher, but i never do anything about it. glad you had a nice trip back to the states.

    ReplyDelete