| Korean style frizzy Frankie--she's so well enculturated! |
We showed up in the middle of Dosa Festival and were the only Americans in the joint, so they really gave us the VIP treatment. I'd never had dosas before but they're round flat breads, similar to naan, made entirely of rice! I was pretty skeptical that there hadn't been any cross-contamination, but after our waiter assured us, "No wheat, only rice," at least 200 times, we decided to give it a try.
For less than $20 we split six types of dosas--egg, cheese, sweet onion, plain, curry vegetable, and...spicy? I can't remember the last one. They were served with sweet-potato-battered fried bananas and three delicious dipping sauces--spicy masala, coconut, and lentil.
We finished off the night with a shared mango lassi, but when we passed a Cheese Cafe on the way home, I almost wished I'd saved room for this
No, I'm just kidding. That looks awful. It's a terrible picture so in case you can't tell, that is a bowl of shaved ice topped with kiwi, tangerines, strawberries, sweet red bean paste, shredded cheddar cheese, and mozzarella balls. I love me some cheese, but I've got nothing on the Koreans. "Hello how are you" "Have a sweet dream" and "I love cheese" are the three English phrases every Korean seems to know.
It was such a great night out. Perfect weather, good food, and great company. Seoul is seriously so so cool. It's fun to live in a city so big that after walking to dinner nearly every night for a year there are still thousands of new things to see (and eat!) just a few blocks from home.

I'm so unenculturated I didn't know "enculturated" was a word.
ReplyDelete