It is 3:49 am and I just finished my stats assignment. What what! I'm conducting a research experiment to determine whether or not there's a relation between low self-esteem and slow Stroop test response times. Yeah! Only my project has no POWER (Google it) as I'm working from a 10 person sample. Wawh-wawh.
(That's not crying by the way. That's my phonetic attempt of the musical let-down used in the Muppets and on Sesame Street. Know what I'm talking about? I always wish I could spell it. It's kinda like a goose honk with a w and no k. I make that sound in my head all the time while I'm typing. Much to Nate's chagrin, I make that sound in real life too.)
(Try a Stroop test. Your kids will think they're fun. Here's a fun fast free one: STROOP)
This morning Jensie has swim team try-outs at 5:30, as in two hours from now. She is not excited. Not one bit. (It's that 5:30 bit bringin' her down).
This evening, after our excruciatingly early morning(s) and a lOOOOOOOOOng boring school day (says J) we are going to the mall to buy a hedgehog. That's right, the long awaited, oft promised critter of woodland lore and garden shenanigans. We told the kids they could have one for Christmas but when we went to Pet Alley (there's an alley here for everything) they looked kinda sicky and I told the kids we'd better wait 'til Spring. July counts as Spring, right?!
Discussing names for the new HH last night the kids decided we'll call a girl Mrs. GoodyGoody and dub a boy Doctor McBride. I have no idea how to determined the sex of such a thing. Maybe we'll just flip a coin.
Speaking of Pet Alley, you really should see it some time. They've got everything. From the totally sane (parakeets and goldfish) to the unexpected (chickens and chipmunks) to the HOLY @#$%^% WHAT IS THAT THING? (sea slugs, see below):
This is a picture of a fish tank outside a restaurant down the street. Just a couple of slugs waiting to be your supper. Wishin'....hopin'....
My kids call them penis fish. Betcha can't guess why.



This is such a silly post. I'll blame it on the 3:30 posting time.
ReplyDeleteAlso, hedgehogs are horrible pets. They hiss at and poke you, they're nocturnal, and they hate people. Kate gave Prim away. Maybe Korean hedgehogs will be better.
True dat. BUT the kids are pretty happy with a pet they can just look at. We've really missed our animals. And if worse comes to worst, Natalie made a great suggestion just before she left...we'll hold it with oven mitts!
DeleteWhat is a stroop test supposed to tell you about yourself? I just took it and the difference was 10 sec. What does that mean?
ReplyDeletethat was hard. i got in the 25%. but i don't get it either.
ReplyDeleteGuys, I have no idea what it means.
ReplyDeletepenis fish...HA!!
ReplyDelete