Thursday, July 12, 2012

Overheard: High Tech

We've made some recent purchases--the pet hedgehog I promised the kids at Christmastime and a new microwave. The hedgehog is cute and the microwave does its job.

The other day a neighbor called and asked me to babysit her (six!) kids while she went to a drs. appointment. I walked over with the kids after school and the neighbors entertained us for hours with all their their fancy gadgets. Flat screen TVs, fancy iPods, Kindle Fire, Nintendo DS...you name it, they've got it. When it was time for us to go home the neighbors asked permission to come see our hedgehog.

As they filed through our door I heard Jensie shout "Hey, guys, come check out our new microwave!"

How long do you think it'll take my kids to realize we are duds?

3 comments:

  1. that is awesome. i think you should also look into toaster over if you haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! When we first moved into this house my kids always showed our guests the washer and dryer. They are the fancy HE front loading ones (and they are not even ours!). Not like our old beat one top loading ones. Now that we have kittens though, they don't show people the washer and dryer anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that Kate's moved out and taken her ipad/iphone with her, a microwave is about as fancy as we get, too. I love it.

    ReplyDelete