Girl got glasses.
J's been complaining about her eyes for weeks, and for weeks I've been ignoring her. Wednesday night she couldn't sleep because her tired eyes hurt and she was getting a headache. I finally agreed to take her to the eye doc, and whatd'ya know? Extremely farsighted. Oops. I felt so lame. In my defense, Jensie is a total drama queen so actual pain can be hard to gauge.
When I was eight I wanted glasses so bad. I feigned total blindness through several eye exams and eventually scored a pair of pink coke-bottle glasses. I wore them for like three days before I decided they were a nuisance and threw them in the trash. My parents were thrilled (ahem)!
I mentioned this to the doc to excuse myself for ignoring J's complaints for so long. He told me lots of little girls do that. Weird! His policy is to never prescribe glasses to girls unless he can prove that they really need 'em. After a thorough examination it was decided that Jensie's one of the lucky ones.
She picked these frames herself along with a pair of wire-rimmed child-proof titanium ones. The guy at the store said they're guaranteed not to break, which will be awesome 'til she loses them.
J's been complaining about her eyes for weeks, and for weeks I've been ignoring her. Wednesday night she couldn't sleep because her tired eyes hurt and she was getting a headache. I finally agreed to take her to the eye doc, and whatd'ya know? Extremely farsighted. Oops. I felt so lame. In my defense, Jensie is a total drama queen so actual pain can be hard to gauge.
When I was eight I wanted glasses so bad. I feigned total blindness through several eye exams and eventually scored a pair of pink coke-bottle glasses. I wore them for like three days before I decided they were a nuisance and threw them in the trash. My parents were thrilled (ahem)!
I mentioned this to the doc to excuse myself for ignoring J's complaints for so long. He told me lots of little girls do that. Weird! His policy is to never prescribe glasses to girls unless he can prove that they really need 'em. After a thorough examination it was decided that Jensie's one of the lucky ones.
She picked these frames herself along with a pair of wire-rimmed child-proof titanium ones. The guy at the store said they're guaranteed not to break, which will be awesome 'til she loses them.


Oh my. Jensie looks so cute with her new glasses! I want a pair now!
ReplyDeleteThat face was made for glasses! She looks adorable.
ReplyDeleteSPEC-tacular! Love your new glasses, Jensie, but not as much as I LOVE YOU!!!!
ReplyDeletecrap, now I'm gonna feel totally unhip around her.
ReplyDeleteShe looks cooler than me too I did that when I was eight too, mom just took me to claire's and bought me a pair that didn't have a prescription.
ReplyDeleteAnd THAT is the difference between being the oldest and being the youngest. Moms learn a thing or two along the way.
DeleteWOW! I wish I looked that good when I wear my glasses! How great does the rest of the world look now, Jensie?
ReplyDeleteLove, Papaw
remember me jensie
ReplyDeleteit is me
ReplyDelete