Thursday, January 6, 2011
I Couldn't Think of any Alliterative J Words,
but I didn't forget Jensie!
She's a big sister. She's bossy and loud, and likes to make up rules. Most of all though, she's helpful and kind. You can always find her with her arm around someone's shoulder, asking "would you like me to ___________ for you?" (pour you some cereal, hold you up to see Louis, squeeze some toothpaste out, etc). If you're tired, Jensie will let you sleep in--more often than not, she'll even make you breakfast in bed. She presents her dishes proudly, keeps in mind how much you like healthy food, and likes to invent new foods as an added surprise. I was afraid to try her yogurt with cheddar cheese grated into it, but it wasn't bad. Not bad at all.
This year Jensie learned to swim, ride a bike, and, recently, sew. Grandi (Nate's mom) showed her how to make a pair of green fleece pajama pants while we were in Oregon. She learned to cook and follow recipes and even to (mostly) control her temper. She takes great care of her parakeet and is memorizing all of her math addition flash-cards to earn a bowling party.
She is a primary star. She loves going to church and reminds us to pray over every meal. She always clears her plate. She has read and re-read all of Mary Pope Osborne's Magic Tree House books. Last month she read A Christmas Carol and Oliver Twist, which impressed and delighted us. She loves shrimp and crab legs, her favorite color is red. When she grows up she wants to be a scientist and an inventor. Her favorite movies are Howl's Moving Castle and The Secret of Kells.
Jensie likes being featured on the blog, but thinks it's rude when I post pictures of her frowning or teary eyed. She is tall for her age, and wants to grow her hair long. She always gets compliments on her bangs. She hates bangs.
She feeds the animals twice a day, keeps her room clean, and keeps a journal. The other night, long after I'd sent her to bed, I went into her room and found her doing push-ups while listening to her iPod.
"Whoa, why are you still up?" I asked.
"I'm exercising. I do this every night." she said.
So there's that too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


jensie.
ReplyDeleteshe's going to do some seriously awesome things with her life. no doubt about it.
ellie exercises at night after i tuck her in too.... "what? it's good for me mom."
Amazing, thoughtful, exciting, adventurous, quick thinking, inspiring -- hmm they don't start with 'J' but they're all about Jensie. She's incredible!
ReplyDeleteJensie is so awesome. She's beautiful and smart. Tell her that Ty is working on a new magic trick to record and send to her!
ReplyDeleteI love these "Junctions of Jensie." Especially second row down, second from right. And she really is a sweet big sister.
ReplyDelete