Favorite parts of today:
Nate quoting Singin' in the Rain and humming "I Love You Too" from Pete's dragon- complete with all the bom bombom bombombom bombombom bom bom boms
----------------------------------
Jensie showing the Selfs a poem she'd written and Stephen* saying "Ah, channeling a little Basho there"Jensie saying "You know Basho? I love him. Did you know his name means banana in Japanese? One of his students gave him a beautiful banana tree and he decided to take his name from it..."
and Nate and I wondering Who the heck is Basho? and How does she know this?
*Stephen and Melissa Self are friends of ours from church. Stephen is a brainiac Latin professor here at Columbus State University. He also happens to speak 20 different languages. That's right, 20. Most of what he says is over my head...but not, apparently, Jensie's!

Love this post. I didn't know Basho either.
ReplyDeletefor real what is basho?
ReplyDeleteBasho-Master of the Haiku
ReplyDelete