Tonight as we were finishing up another chapter of The Dawn Treader, Jensie asked me whether or not C.S. Lewis is dead. I told her yes, but she asked if I could Google it to be sure.
When I asked why, she said "Oh, I was just thinking that if he's dead and can't write anymore, I'll help him out by writing a few more books for the Chronicles of Narnia."
After tucking the kids into bed I sat down at the computer to veg for a while and chat with Nate. He asked whether or not I've saved anything Jensie has written lately, so I pulled out her journal and read a couple of pages out loud. Nate and I said "goodnight" and I continued to flip through the pages of her little notebook.
She's articulate, thoughtful, thorough, and so girlie. It's too much.
I went straight to her room to tell her how proud I am of her--for using her brain, for her love of books, for the things that she writes, of the way she observes everything going on around her, and never forgets what she's seen or heard...
Her response?
"Uh, did you know you woke me up?"

I LOVE that kid!!
ReplyDeletemmmm. yes. sounds just like my girl. ;-D i love those mama moments when your love for them as an individual is so concise. and of course you have to wake them up to tell them. haha.
ReplyDeletexoxo