Saturday, January 1, 2011

This Year

Sometimes I think stupid things.  Occasionally, I even say them out loud.

Like the other day as I was looking through these amazing photos from the Great Depression Era and I said, "Man, I wish I lived back then.  I would have loved to wear a dress every day."

For the sake of time, let's ignore how ridiculous it is to covet the lives of Dust Bowl subsistence farmers from the comfort of a well-lit air-conditioned four-bedroom home, and skip ahead to Nate's considerate response.

"What's stopping you?"

Got me there!  This year I am wearing dresses, except when I feel like wearing pants.  (When it comes to resolutions I like to go all out).
And Nate?

This morning I found him in the bathroom enthusiastically spiking his hair up with a tub of pomade.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"It's a new look for the new year"  he said.


2011 will go down in history as the year we looked awesome.

4 comments:

  1. I am partial to skirts. My favorite are the stretchy cotton ones that I am fairly sure are meant to be used as swimsuit cover ups. I wold wear them every day in the summer if I could.

    I am a fan of people that say stupid things. Only people who take themselves too seriously never say stupid things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...I left a comment like 2 days ago and it didn't show up. It said something like take pictures of all the dresses you end up wearing because I want to see them.

    *Also, will you take a picture of Frances in her dress-up costume(s)? And your family picture last year in the field is most definitely the cutest picture of Jensie I've ever seen. It's still hanging on my fridge and I love it.

    *Not in original comment.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete