Jensie is ornery, the other two are sweet.
But you already knew that. I've told you a million times.
But you already knew that. I've told you a million times.
Today it hit me--What if instead of telling everyone how rotten Jensie is, I focus on all of the good things she does?
Will she live up to the reputation of that person? Will my perception of her influence the woman she becomes? I think so. I only wish I'd seen it sooner.
Today Jensie . . .
got out of bed an hour before I did and served breakfast to her siblings,
pushed Frankie on the swing for a long long time,
hummed "Called To Serve" while I brushed her teeth,
let Asher and Frankie each take one of her books "home" with them,
got out of bed an hour before I did and served breakfast to her siblings,
pushed Frankie on the swing for a long long time,
hummed "Called To Serve" while I brushed her teeth,
let Asher and Frankie each take one of her books "home" with them,
and made me a twisty-tie necklace.

If ornery and strong-willed are inherited, it is definitely maternal. But, I think those characteristics can serve her well in adulthood. Jensie is very sweet. She's just got her momma's passion and conviction. It's a hard thing for a 7 year old to manage.
ReplyDeleteLately, I've been trying to adjust my perception of Josh too. I think he will pick up on my worry and become even more anxious, especially with our MI trip coming up.
What a sweet little thing. I found the same thing to be true while teaching elementary school-kids will behave however you expect them to.
ReplyDeleteI love the necklace and the photo. How'd you make it look so neat? Also, I still can't figure out how to make the pics bigger on my blog.
Well heaven knows she exceeded my expectations when I suspected she'd be nasty...I'm sure her goodness will blow me away. Call when you have a min Em and I'll walk you through the big picture process.
ReplyDeleteoh how i feel the same way about ellie!
ReplyDeletethanks for the refocus.