We decided to give Jensie something practical and totally age-appropriate for her birthday this year. Makeup. It was the only thing on her birthday list. And what good is a little new lipstick without your own vanity desk to aid in its perfect application?
Oh boy. Guys, I just don't know if I can do this growing-up thing. J's been watching all sorts of silly "smokey eye" YouTube tutorials and today she told me she wants to start dressing like she's "from the 50s." Goodbye cheap Gap t-shirts, it was fun while it lasted.
Even she can't quite believe we caved. "You even got me mascara? Are you serious?"
It's only for play 'til she's 20. Speaking of...
-20 questions for the birthday girl-
1. What is your favorite color? Black, green, and red
2. What is your favorite toy? Shadow, my stuffed husky3. What is your favorite fruit? Starfruit
4. What is your favorite TV show? iCarly
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? California rolls and orange juice
6. What is your favorite outfit? My gray shirt with the fluttery vest and my really short purple shorts
7. What is your favorite game? Colors. It's a swimming pool game
8. What is your favorite snack? Any fruit
9. What is your favorite animal? Lions
10. What is your favorite song? The Zombie Song by Stephanie Mabey
11. What is your favorite book? I love The Candy Shop Wars, The Fablehaven Series, and Mrs. Pigglewiggle.
12. Who is your best friend? Kayla K.
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cap'n Crunch. But you never let me eat it!
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Swim
15. What is your favorite drink? Rootbeer
16. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween *giggles* candy, candy, candy!
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Shadow, Big Toe, and Ivory, my white tiger
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Bacon, eggs, pancakes, and orange juice. The works!
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Pizza and rootbeer
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? The president
And now I'm going to give Jensie the best makeup tip I learned from Aunt Becky on Full House--less is more!
Happy Birthday Jensie Lissette. We love you.


Happy Birthday Jensie!!!! It was fun to talk to you and hear about your fun day!!! I love you. Grandi Www
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Jensie! I love that she's watching smokey eye tutorials on youtube LOL. A girl after my own heart!
ReplyDeleteOh, it gets better. She and her slumber party birthday guests stayed up 'til the wee hours of the morning making their OWN video tutorials. A tech savvy 11 year old with an iPod taped and uploaded the whole thing to YouTube. Just found out. :) I did a "makeup tutorial kids" search and up popped "Bratz Doll Makeup Tutorial" as taught my Emma the 7 yr old pre-tween. So so wrong.
DeleteI must say though, her M&M tutorial is genius! "Make sure you remember to lick it...Ok, eat that one."
DeleteI feel so bad that I missed this. I thought the humphreys day was tomorrow:/
ReplyDeleteHolly, I'm sure she would have loved to have you there, but she was so excited I'm not sure she noticed. She hasn't left her room in two days. :)
DeleteWow wow wow Jensie awesome vanity et al -- Happy Birthday! When you get the smokey eye thing down, teach me :] -- GB
ReplyDeleteJense, you're pretty much like a grown-up now! Happy birthday you pretty girl. We sure miss you.
ReplyDelete