![]() |
| View of Yongsan from our hotel room |
We're staying in an enormous Army hotel called the Dragon Hill Lodge. This place is like a small city. There are at least three restaurants, several fast food joints--Pizza Hut, Subway, two huge playgrounds, a bank, a couple of pools, and a small grocery store. The rooms aren't bad, just typical hotel rooms. Cable TV and bedspreads that give me the heebee-jeebees. We'll be here anywhere from 10-60 days while we wait for permanent housing to open up.
It's the middle of "Monsoon Season" and it's gray and rainy out but the weather's nice and warm. My hair is getting bigger by the minute. Frankie's curls are awesome. People exaggerated Seoul's "lack of nature." There are trees everywhere. From what I've seen, which is very little I know, it's quite pretty and looks a lot like Taiwan.
Nate started briefings and in-processing stuff this morning. He'll be done in about an hour and then we are going to get on the bus that runs on post and explore a bit. I guess there is a black-market here for American goods sold at the commissary (I think mostly things like cigarettes and vodka) so we can't go grocery shopping without ration cards and new IDs. Ration cards are first on the agenda so we can stock up on gluten-free stuff. Until then the kids will have to live on ice-cream and French fries. I'm sure they're really upset about it.
It's so weird that we live here!



We need to get you up and running with a new header, now that you're there!
ReplyDeleteGlad u made it safe I'm excited for this journey! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to hear more about it.
ReplyDeleteSo great to hear!!Keep the updates coming!
ReplyDeleteKorea sounds so magical already! I look forward to following your new adventures there. Also, I peeked at your family photos on Ashley Thalman's site. Loved every one.
ReplyDeleteWe miss you guys already. But especially Penny really misses Nat. She won't stop talking about her.
ReplyDeleteWhat an adventure! So happy for you all.
ReplyDelete